Welcolme team volunteer
- Welcolme team volunteer
- RSPB Saltholme, Stockton-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Our Welcome is the most important part of the RSPB Saltholme Experience, inspiring everyone to give nature a home and enthusing them about the fantastic offer we have here at Saltholme. You’ll be an essential member of the Saltholme team, welcoming thousands of visitor to the reserve and you’ll often be the first person a visitor meets. As we all know first impressions are vital, so we want someone who has a passion for customer service and an infectious enthusiasm for wildlife.
Previous experience in a visitor welcome or customer service role would be an advantage, but is not essential as we will give you all the training you need and there’ll be plenty of opportunity to put that training into practice. What’s in it for you? We will provide you with the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a vibrant and varied visitors centre. We will provide you with all the training you need to become an integral part of the team here at Saltholme.
You’ll also be in an environment that will be the envy of others, working alongside like-minded staff and volunteers, with amazing wildlife spectacles just outside the window and being on the front line, enthusing and inspiring others about the wonders of the natural world. As a thank you, you will receive free entrance to the reserve. We also have two social ‘thank you’ events per year.
Read more at https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/volunteering-fundraising/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities/opportunities/7506/#4ADYSw5ZftdaiysS.99
Knowledge & Skills
We need enthusiastic people with a ready smile, you'll enjoy striking up conversations with individuals, families and large groups passing on your passion for nature.
- You'll be on your feet for most of the day working in an often busy environment.
- You'll be able to motivate yourself and others and have fun whilst working under pressure.
- You don't need to be a bird or wildlife expert as training is given and there'll be lots of opportunity to learn from other volunteers, staff and visitors.
- It's much more important that you are good with people and willing to learn and recruit new supporters to the RSPB.
- Basic IT skills are also an advantage.
- Minimum one day a week choice of shifts available: 9.15-5.00 (4.00 in winter), 9.15-1.30, 12.30-5.00 (4.00 in winter)
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.