Frade Warehouse Operative
- Volunteer Warehouse Operative
- Frade - 68 - 69 Brunswick Street, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1DR
Opportunity Title: Volunteer Warehouse Operative
Responsible to: Store Manager
Hours of Work: To be arranged with the relevant manager.
Frade is a charitable organisation established in 1990 and currently has three shops in the Tees Valley area – Stockton, Middlesbrough and Darlington. Our purpose is to relieve either generally or individually residents of Tees Valley and surrounding districts of North Yorkshire and County Durham who are in conditions of need, hardship or distress, by the provision of furniture and other household accessories. We also aim to advance the education of the general public about the benefits of recycling, re-use and sustainable waste management. Thirdly we aim to create employment and provide training and work experience to enable the unemployed to move into employment.
Although we do not expect all volunteers to carry out all aspects of the Opportunity,
these are the main tasks:-
- Ensuring the shop is clean and tidy at all times.
- Assisting Van drivers in collections/deliveries.
- Assisting in the receipt, sorting, checking, pricing and display of goods.
- Furniture repairs.
- Promotional work such as leafleting.
- Assisting in stock and cash security.
In order to provide the services outlined above we staff and operate three shops that:
- Collect furniture donated by the public and businesses (ensuring they meet quality guidelines).
- Ensure all donations are cleaned/repaired/tested before made available for sale.
- Merchandise correctly.
- Sell to both general public and Frade card holders (entitled to up to 25% discount).
- Deliver sold goods.
- To be able to give a regular commitment to the shop on agreed days Monday – Saturday as agreed with the shop manager.
Health & Safety
- To ensure that health and safety procedures are understood and implemented.
- To ensure that all manual handling is carried out in accordance with training and health and safety guidelines.
- Hi-vis vests/jackets and/or safety boots to be worn as appropriate (supplied by Frade).
- We expect staff to be clean, neat and presentable as they are official representatives of the charity.
- A uniform will be supplied dependant on length of service and hours worked.
Knowledge & Skills
- Volunteers should be friendly and helpful with good communication skills.
- The ability to get on with people and work as a team.
- Enthusiastic and open to giving and receiving feedback to and from the Shop Manager.
- Basic Numeracy and literacy.
- Help promote Gift Aid registrations in line with Frade guidelines.
- To carry out these tasks and responsibilities with an understanding of and commitment to Frade’s equal opportunities policy.
- To use new technology as required.
- To do all within your powers to keep Frade property secure and in good working order.
- To carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Store Managers.
This Opportunity description may vary from time to time according to the needs of the charity and should not be regarded as an inflexible specification.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.