Volunteer Sports Mentor
- Helping women to participate in sport and physical activity to help them improve their mental health.
- Stockton and Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind
Energise is our new women’s activity project in Middlesbrough and Stockton. Are you interested in helping people to participate in sport and physical activity to help them improve their mental health?
The role involves:
· Working with women one-to-one, or in a small group, to help them achieve realistic goals and attend activity sessions together in the community or at a leisure centre.
· Being able to assist, support, encourage and motivate the person to help them overcome perceived barriers to participation in sport.
· Encouraging the person to manage their physical and mental health.
· Encouraging the person to improve their social networks.
Previous experience of this type of work isn’t needed as we do provide training. What we are more interested in is people who:
· Can use their own experiences of poor mental health in a positive way
· Have an interest in sport or physical activity
· Are happy to get practically involved
· Have a non-judgemental approach
· Can work within agreed boundaries
· Can be a positive role model
· Are reliable and committed to the role
We would particularly like to hear from women who understand the positive impact that activity has on our mental health and well-being.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.