We’re changing lives across Teesside by supporting people and families who’ve been affected by a terminal illness. We help them to make the most of every day, ensuring they receive the best possible care by creating experiences and memories that last a lifetime.
Our Receptionists are usually the first point of contact with the Hospice, whether face to face or on the telephone. Organised and professional individuals help give a warm welcome to patients, families and visitors who come to the Hospice and maintain the high quality, friendly service.
The main focus of the role is to support the Reception and Administrative service in providing effective service.
The role is varied, no two days will be the same. You could be scanning, photocopying or filing documents. You will be greeting visitors as they arrive, and talking to patients, families or professionals face to face and on the telephone. You may be showing families or patients to the relevant clinical area. You could be taking payment for items bought in the shop within the Reception area. Or making a cup of tea for families or patients in the Quiet Area, offering a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. With all tasks, there needs to be sensitivity, warmth and
If you feel that the role is something that you would be interested in, please check the requirements below:
– Understanding of and ability to respect and maintain patient confidentiality
– Good telephone manner is essential as is the ability to deal with enquiries in a professional and calm manner
– Ability to work within a team
– Ability to work with minimal supervision
– Ability to deal with sensitive situations
– IT skills and Office/Administrative experience is desirable
– Flexible approach to work in order to deal with a changeable working environment
The successful candidate will be:
– Welcoming and sensitive
– Organised and motivated
– Presentable and reliable
– Passionate about hospice care
– Committed to customer/visitor care
– Respectful of and committed to confidentiality, equality & diversity
Shifts are available on Wednesday and/or Friday either
12.00 – 16.00
When you join, you will be required to carry out some mandatory training. There are policies and procedures that you will be made aware of, that you will need to comply to. All volunteers are required to provide proof of ID and satisfactory references.
Successful volunteer applicants are required to provide a standard disclosure check. Disclosure expense will be met by Teesside Hospice.