Volunteer Mentors in School
- Volunteer Mentor
- Stockton or Guisborough
are recruiting for a number of Volunteer Mentors to support children and young
people as part of a new and innovative partnership project working within 3
schools across Stockton and Guisborough. This is a great opportunity for anyone
looking to learn new skills, thinking about a change in career or studying for
a future career working with children and young people.
Education, youth work, mentoring
The mentoring programme will include a series of activities to address any issues or barriers to learning and achieving positive outcomes in school and will make a significant, lasting impact on a young person’s future.
Volunteer Mentors will provide 1:1 or small group support to children and young person in one of the partnership schools, helping to identify future goals, raise aspirations, build confidence, self-esteem and resilience.
The programme will also add value by introducing students to activities led by community organisations, including sport, performing, hobbies, volunteering and the development of life and employability skills.
Knowledge & Skills
- You will need to be 18 years or older
- Able to relate to and communicate with children/young people
- Reliable and punctual
- Good listening and communication skills
- A non-judgmental approach
- Good organisational skills
- Understanding of the issues of safeguarding and confidentiality (training provided
We will provide you with:
- Full training and resources to equip you to carry out your role as a Volunteer Mentor
- DBS Check and Volunteer Mentor ID
- Ongoing support and supervision provided by the School Impact Officer and named contact within the school
- A desire to work with children/young people
- Common sense and patience are essential
- Willing to commit to the scheme for a minimum of 1 hour per week for up to 12 weeks
- DBS Check required
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.