Voluntary Youth Worker- Support
- Session Leader
- BILLINGHAM TS23 1LH
- B.C.T Aspire
To assist the session leaders to deliver sessions as part of the BCT Aspire youth programme; keeping all children and young people safe whilst undertaking any activities and acting as another pair of eyes and ears” during each session.
- To Support the senior team to deliver session, supporting individuals or smaller groups always under direct supervision e.g. supervising table tennis, pool or sports activities.
- Communicate effectively with all young people, their families and other BCT members.
- To Build a rapport with young people.
- Provide information and support to young people ;utilising the senior workers as required.
- To comply with the BCT's Safeguarding, Youth Work & Heath Safety polices and procedures order to safeguard the welfare of the young people with whom we work.
- To attend team meetings and supervision session sessions as arranged.
- To work flexibly as may be required and to carry out any other reasonable duties .
- Represent , promote and positively raise the awareness of BCT Aspire CIC
Knowledge & Skills
Appointment to this post is subject to an up to date , satisfactory, enhanced DBS check including a check including a check against the barred lists for children and adults and completion of Basic Safeguarding Training.
- To be a positive and welcoming presence within all sessions, in line with BCT values.
- To be a positive role model to young people
This role where we would like someone to help out will require 3- 6hurs ( 1 or 2 sessions per week or fortnightly) Detail's of what we would like someone to help with are all below.
BCT Aspire runs four sessions per week, currently from the BCT Den at Billingham Symphonia Club. The role would require a volunteer for either one or two sessions per week or possibly once per fortnight, witch runs as follows:
- Tuesday- B- Active Fitness -6pm to 7.15pm ( Arriving min 15 mins prior)
- Wednesday- Over 13 Youth Club & D of E Scheme- 6pm to 8pm ( Arriving mins 15 mins prior)
- Thursday- Under 13's Youth Club - 6pm to 8pm ( Arriving min 15 mins prior)
- Saturday - 10am - 12.pm ( Arriving min 15 mins prior)
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.