Trustee Board Members
- Tees Valley
- Tees Valley Rural Action
We are an ambitious charity with a vision of supporting rural communities to raise their rural voices as we believe nobody should be disadvantaged because of where they live. We have been making a difference for over 20 years.
We do this by promoting rural issues to influence policy and programmes, empowering communities through asset-based community development, enabling communities through impartial advice and support, supporting our communities to survive and thrive.
Whether you’re already an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, we want to hear from you.
Board of Trustees
The Board is looking to recruit 2-3 additional Trustees to assist with the management and governance of the charity. Our Board comprises both residents of rural communities and professionals.
ROLE PURPOSE FOR ALL TRUSTEES:
- To ensure the charity is carrying out its purposes for public benefit
- Comply with the charity’s governing document and the law
- Act in the charity’s best interests
- Ensure the charity is accountable
- Manage the charity’s resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill
Knowledge & Skills
- A strategic thinker.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- An effective communicator.
- Willing to offer constructive challenge and support judgements.
- A team player who respects different views and can work with Board colleagues and the Senior Management Team.
- An ability to build strong relationships and champion TVRA’s ethos and values.
As a Trustee you will receive:
- An induction, access to training and reimbursable expenses
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals
- Opportunities to influence and shape innovative projects
- The chance to support the health and wellbeing of people and communities
- Brings the commitment necessary to devote sufficient time, preparation and effort required to meet the responsibilities of being a Trustee.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and flexibility.
- Demonstrates active listening skills and is open to the views of others.
- Have commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Our new Trustees will have skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Human Resource
- Income Generation
- Press and PR
- Policy Influencing
The expected time commitment is six Trustee meetings per year which are held face to face across the Tees Valley or online, one annual staff and Trustee away day and some task and finish groups.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.