Guided Ride Marshall
- Guided Ride Marshall
- 147 High Street, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1PL
Here at the Hub we help to change people’s lives by getting them cycling in fun, friendly and supported group rides. We’re on the lookout for volunteer riders to help lead the way and support these new cyclists.
The Hub was the UK’s first Active Travel Centre, and for 10 years we’ve been making walking and cycling easy and accessible for local people. We lead easy-going guided bike rides around the Tees Valley, providing support so that those with little knowledge or ability can begin cycling in a friendly and safe environment. More people in Stockton riding bikes instead of driving cars or watching TV means a place with quieter and safer roads, happier and healthier residents, and fewer harmful emissions.
- Meeting like-minded local people
- Learning more about the area’s cycling routes
- Seeing first-hand how your guidance benefits people’s health, wellbeing and enjoyment of cycling.
- Becoming a Sustrans volunteer opens you up to a great network of wider opportunities.
We have a fantastic base on the High Street with our own fleet of bikes and kit, a fully stocked workshop, and a social space for relaxing before and after the rides.
At Sustrans, you would be joining a national charitable organisation with 40 years’ experience of working with volunteers, promoting cycling, and running the National Cycle Network.
If you’re curious and would like to chat about the role or the project in general, just get in touch:
- Pop in and say hi at The Hub, 147 High Street, Stockton, TS18 1PL
- Give us a call at 01642 617 672
- Email us at email@example.com
Knowledge & Skills
That’s where you could come in.
- are a keen and competent cyclist
- enjoy meeting and helping new people
- can give instructions and work in a team
Then you will be perfect for this role. We won’t throw you in at the deep end though, you’ll receive comprehensive training and guidance so you can confidently support the rides, and you’ll probably learn a fair bit yourself. You’ll join a team of volunteers in leading guided rides to all areas around our borough.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.