Social Lights Volunteer (Adult Social Care)
- Social Lights Volunteer
Be a light in your community!
Catalyst are currently recruiting volunteers for Social Lights, a new volunteering scheme designed to support people who are in receipt of Adult Social Care through Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council.
We don’t require any qualifications or experience for this role and we will provide full training. Whether you are looking for experience in Adult Social Care for future career prospects, or you simple enjoy supporting people to thrive in their community, you can get involved!
We want everyone to feel empowered and able to reach personal goals and follow interests, whoever they may be. Social Lights allows people access to additional support from our friendly, fully trained volunteers to encourage and enable people to thrive in their community, through groups or activities, and build self-confidence along the way.
Volunteers will be placed with a person based on interests and hobbies, aiming to create a great pairing ready to go out and explore community activities, but most importantly have fun!
If you are interested in the scheme or have any questions, please contact Alice Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07961660944.
Adult Social Care
- Complete the necessary volunteer induction and training sessions, and any additional training opportunities as necessary
- Support people in activities such as attending social activities & groups, learning new skills & hobbies, using public transport and achieving personal goals
- Support people for up to 12 weeks, committing around 4 hours a fortnight
- Maintain confidentiality throughout the service (making the people aware information will be shared with the Volunteer Coordinator where necessary)
- To help people develop their self-confidence and social skills by building and maintaining a supportive relationship
- Complete service evaluation as required by the Volunteer Coordinator
Knowledge & Skills
• Some awareness of learning disabilities and/or autism would be useful but not essential
• An understanding of challenges and barriers that people who use the service may face would be useful but not essential
• Ability to support, encourage and enable others to fulfil tasks and activities
• Friendly, respectful and non-judgemental attitude towards people who use the service and their needs
• Demonstrated good listening and personal skills
• Reliable, trustworthy and proactive
Please note volunteers must be 18 + years as this role involves supporting adults.
We request that volunteers offer on average at least 4 hours
per fortnight to the service. Most service users will be offered up to 12 weeks
of support. (Please note this period can differ between individual service
Catalyst will provide necessary training and 1-1 support
throughout your voluntary service, including:
- DBS check
- Induction training pack
- Learning disabilities & autism awareness training
- Paid expenses (including travel and out of pocket)
- Catalyst policies and procedures, including our Diversity and Equality, Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policies
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.