RSPB Saltholme – Welcome Team Volunteer
- Welcome Team Volunteer
- RSPB Saltholme
- RSPB Saltholme
Purpose of the role
Meeting and greeting visitors as they arrive at the
reserve, giving them a warm welcome and providing them with all the information
Responsibilities will include
- Welcome visitors to the reserve and record visitor numbers
- Use the tills to take payments, make refunds and process retail sales.
- Answer the telephone and transfer calls.
- Communicate with staff and volunteers using our internal radios.
- Assist with event booking and promotion.
- Hire out equipment such as binoculars and mobility scooters.
- Keep the welcome area tidy and clean.
- Complete checks in other areas of the Visitor Centre as necessary e.g. washrooms.
- Promote RSPB membership.
- Actively promoting the messages and ideals of the RSPB.
Knowledge & Skills
The skills you need:
- The confidence to initiate conversations with the public
- The ability to listen and respond appropriately
- The ability to inspire visitors to give nature a home where they live
- An awareness of Health and Safety
· Basic IT skills
- An enthusiasm for nature and its conservation
- A warm and friendly personality
- A proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
Why we want you:
As a member of the Welcome Team, you will be giving our visitors a warm
welcome to RSPB Saltholme. This is possibly the most important role on the
reserve; after all, first impressions are everything! We want someone who has a
passion for customer service and an infectious enthusiasm for wildlife. We aim
to deliver a first-class welcome to every visitor, pass on our love of wildlife
and the RSPB, and actively encourage non-members to join.
in a reception or customer service role would be an advantage but is not
essential as we will give you all the training you need.
One day a week, either full or
9.15am – 5.00pm (4.00pm in the
9.15am – 1.30pm
12.30pm - 5.00pm (4.00pm in the Winter)
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.