RSPB Saltholme – ‘Anything but ordinary’ – Family Performer
- 'Anything but ordinary' - Family Performer
- RSPB Saltholme
- RSPB Saltholme
Purpose of the role
To provide a fun, interactive and educational
visitor experience to our family visitors. Delivering and assisting in the development
of new and exciting family events and performances.
What’s in it for you:
Use your creativity and imagination to help deliver and develop fun and
interactive ways of telling stories of the amazing wildlife found at Saltholme
to children and families.
Share in the
excitement as our families discover things about the natural world for the
first time, from dragonfly larvae to Avocet and orchids.
The opportunity to
meet all sorts of people, through interacting with visitors of all ages and
experience and be part of a friendly and supportive team.
As a thank you, you
will receive free entrance to RSPB reserves as well as 20% discount on selected
items in the shop and café.
Why we want you:
Do you love the natural world and want to share that love with others in a fun and exciting way. At Saltholme we’re creating a programme of fun and exciting performance-based family events, to entertain, inspire, educate and connect children and their families to amazing natural world around them. Could you help us do this?
Knowledge & Skills
The skills you need:
· An enthusiasm, imagination, and the desire to have fun!
· A friendly and outgoing personality
· Confidence to strike up a conversation with visitors of all ages
· The confidence to deliver fun ‘performances’ to the public
· A can-do attitude
· Excellent communication skills
· Happy to volunteer outside an be out and about on the reserve for most of the day
· Willingness to undertake any training required to enable you to carry out this role
We are looking for people:
· who are friendly, cheerful and outgoing.
·who can start an engaging conversation with anyone; especially with children.
· who have a background or interest in performing arts and can deliver a ‘performance’ to our visiting families.
· who can help families make the most of their visit to Saltholme.
Could you spark the imagination with tales of dragonflies, Lapwing, butterflies and more?
1-2 days per week during school Holidays/seasonal events
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.