RSPB Saltholme- Nature Activity Leader
- Nature Activity Leader
- RSPB Saltholme
- RSPB Saltholme
Purpose of the role
Help families to make the most of
their visit to Saltholme. You’ll spend
most of your time outdoors, sharing your love of nature with others by leading
activities such as dipping, minibeast hunting, den building and storytelling.
What’s in it for you:
We will provide you with the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a
vibrant and varied visitor centre. We will provide you with an RSPB uniform and
name badge to wear on duty, and all the training you need to become an integral
part of the team here at RSPB Saltholme.
As a thank you, you
will receive free entrance to RSPB reserves as well as 20% discount on selected
items in the shop and café.
- Leading families as they investigate and discover Saltholme's amazing wildlife.
- You'll be delivering sessions in pond dipping, mini beast hunting and more!
- As a member of the Visitor Experience team you be supporting in the delivery of activities and events to our visitors.
Knowledge & Skills
The skills you need:
The role encompasses a range of activities, which require
you to be out and about for most of the day in all weathers. While you don’t
need to be Sir David Attenborough, some knowledge of wildlife will be useful!
Saltholme is a busy place, especially during weekends and holidays, so you’ll
to need to:
- The confidence and ability to engage with and inspire visitors of all
ages and levels of wildlife knowledge in a friendly and professional manner.
- The ability to inspire visitors to give nature a home where they live
- Be proactive and be prepared to get hands on
- An awareness of Health and Safety
- Be enthusiastic about nature and the reserve.
- A warm and friendly personality
- The ability to listen and respond
Why we want you:
you enthusiastic about wildlife, want to share your knowledge or are looking
for experience in visitor engagement? Do you enjoy spending time outdoors and
have a sense of fun that you can use to engage a range of audiences?
Then volunteering as a Nature Activity Leader is the role for you, where you will
be helping to deliver our very popular family activities such as pond dipping,
minibeast safari’s, storytelling and more!
1 day+ per week during school
March – September (occasional availability October -February would be helpful)
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.