Reiki Master volunteers will:
- Provide short treatments to our Wellbeing and Inpatients
- Work alongside out Complementary Therapy team
- Be a member of a Professional Association (essential)
- Recognise and respect patient confidentiality
- Present with appropriate work place behaviour
- Use professional interaction when learning to cope with new situations.
- Show respect, good manners and workplace etiquette.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Act as an ambassador for Teesside Hospice and promote the service.
- Teesside Hospice Mandatory Training
- Volunteer Induction Training
- IT training – as required and only if necessary to the role
- Donning and doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE) – as required and only if necessary to the role
Your commitment to this role will be discussed on an individual basis. We ask that all volunteers commit to a minimum of two hours per week.
Support and supervision:
Your first line of support and for any enquiries will be the team leader where the role is based within Teesside Hospice.
The team leader will provide you with any information updates, training opportunities and upcoming events on a regular basis.
Users of the service:
- Teesside Hospice Care Foundation staff
- All patients/carers/visitors at Teesside Hospice Care Foundation
- Teesside Hospice volunteer badge (provided)
Please note a DBS check will be required for this position.