The best part about the Pop-up role is its flexibility…we don’t ask for a regular commitment. This role suits people who see the glass as half-full, who’re adventurous and willing to try new things, or who simply want to help but need a more flexible timetable for their volunteering.
- Café Volunteers – support one of three community cafes based in the Family Hubs
- Pop-up events – spontaneous, ad-hoc activities. These might include packing & delivering Holiday Hunger hampers, our Christmas toy appeal “Wrap-a-thon” or covering for another volunteer.
What you’ll gain from volunteering…
- A varied and impactful experience of having helped families directly, or having helped the service to help families. It’s difficult to pin down until we know what you’re interested in doing, but whether you can give us an hour a week or a day once a month rest assured that we’re committed to making your contribution as meaningful for you as it is for us and the families we support.
- Robust training, which includes Safeguarding, Data Protection, Health & Safety, Personal Safety, Equality & Diversity – and is backed up by local induction covering areas including communication, boundaries and ‘meeting the values’.
- You’ll be a valued member of our team and you’ll make a difference to local families and communities – having fun and gaining experience all the way!
What we’ll ask from you…
- We ask all of our volunteers to support us for a minimum of one year.
- All volunteers complete an Enhanced DBS check and provide two references.
- Before starting your journey you’ll complete our national training units and local induction.
- While actively volunteering we also need you to attend occasional supervision and/or team meetings.
- You must also follow Family Action’s policies and procedures.
- Most importantly, our volunteers must evidence Family Action’s values by being people focused, ‘can do’, striving for excellence and showing mutual respect.
Depending on the opportunity you’re interested in we may ask you to do additional training (e.g. food hygiene for café support or Family Action’s social media training for Impact)
If you’d like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact us on 01642 721952 – Option 2. To apply, please complete our application form and send to email@example.com