NHS COVID Vaccine Volunteers
- NHS COVID Vaccine Volunteers
- Stockton on Tees- Various
Please note: This role is posted by Catalyst on behalf of NHS Responders.
Steward volunteers are urgently needed to support the NHS with booster jabs in Stockton on Tees.
We’re here to help people in England to stay safe during coronavirus (COVID-19). We have been set up byNHS England and NHS Improvement, working withRoyal Voluntary Service and the GoodSAM app. Our amazing team of NHS Volunteer Responders have now completed more than 2 million tasks.
To become an NHS Responder volunteer we need you to:
- Live in England and be over the age of 18.
- Use a smartphone. This is because tasks will be sent directly to your phone through the GoodSAM app. Don’t worry if you are not familiar with this technology, there is plenty of help available.
To volunteer for this role, please visit GoodSAM (goodsamapp.org) and complete the registration process. You will be requireed to provide ID and it will take several days for your registration to be completed.
If you would like to get involved with volunteering but do not have access to a smartphone, please contact Catalyst Stockton for advice on local volunteering roles which do not have this requirement.
As a Steward Volunteer (COVID-19 vaccinations) you will help by guiding and supporting people at COVID-19 vaccination sites. As the vaccination programme continues, Steward Volunteers are required in locations all locations across England.
You will ensure the efficient flow of people to clinical assessment, vaccination and exit while respecting social distancing. You’ll also identify people who require additional support.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good communication skills.
- Access to a smartphone and the willingness to accept shifts using this.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- A friendly, welcoming manner.
- The desire to support others.
- Good time management.
This role will require volunteers to commit to at least 2 shifts at a vaccination site each month. Shifts are up to 4 hours long.
A DBS is not required for this role, although you will be asked to declare any unspent convictions as part of the application process.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.