- Removal of litter from our Countryside and Greenspace area
- Stockton Borough Council
The purpose of this role
is to support the Countryside & Greenspace team, keeping Yarm tidy by the
regular removal of litter.
Volunteers will have
the opportunity to:
- Keep the River and countryside free from litter
for all to enjoy.
- Engage with the public/staff who are in and around the area
Having a litter free environment allows the public to enjoy their time on walks/runs and enhances the health
of the environment and surrounding nature.
Countryside & Greenspace
To remove any
litter from the main walkway along the river and around other greenspaces.
To dispose of
the litter in the correct manner with the equipment provided.
Report any fly
tipping or any other debris that may need to be collected by the Care for Your Area
Council’s Health & Safety policies
sure our River pathways and countryside are free from litter.
Knowledge & Skills
- No skills are required as training will be given.
- All equipment will be provided
- Passionate about the environment
- A love of the outdoors
- Ability to work with others and to follow instructions
- Ability to communicate with people.
- The ability to work independently.
- Organised, with the ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to act in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Good level of fitness to carry out main duties.
- To be able to travel to the location
A couple of hours a week/fortnight would be advantageous if possible, the role is flexible to suit.
All equipment needed will be provided.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.