- Horticulture Volunteer
Love gardening and want to help in your local community? We are looking for volunteers to help support the running of our garden centre in Stockton.
At the project, we produce plants, shrubs and other garden products for sale to the local community. This social enterprise supports disabled and disadvantaged local people to participate in the life of the project, access training, socialise and gain work experience within a horticultural/retail environment, which can be used as a stepping stone into employment and a more fulfilling life.
Knowledge & Skills
You will be volunteering within the horticulture project, using your interest and skills in gardening and horticulture to help maintain the project site. We are looking for people with the following skills and traits:
- Good / excellent gardening or horticultural skills including previous experience
- Responsible and trustworthy, with a strong commitment to supporting vulnerable people and passing on skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work patiently and practically, and to contribute to the general aims of Shaw Trust
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- To be physically fit and able to cope with the demands of the role
- To be able to use appropriate hand tools
- Awareness of and ability to adhere to health and safety regulations
As a Shaw Trust volunteer we’ll make sure you’re given all the support you need to shine in your role. There are a number of benefits to volunteering with us, these include:
- Making an invaluable contribution to a national UK charity
- Working in a friendly team and meeting a diverse range of people
- Developing your confidence and interpersonal skills
- Gaining more horticulture or cafe experience
We can also reimburse reasonable travel expenses to travel to and from the project.
Volunteer hours are flexible, but we are looking for someone who can share a minimum of 2 hours a month.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.