- Executive Board Member
- Stockton-on-Tees, UK
Healthwatch Stockton-on-Tees is an independent body, set up by the government to gather the views of local people about the health and social care services they use. We are part of Healthwatch England, and a local Healthwatch has been established in every council area in England. We listen to Stockton residents of all ages. collecting their experiences of health and social care services. We keep track and look for trends in the feedback we gather, act upon it, and use it to influence changes in services in the future. If you have a strong interest in health and social care and would like to influence service development by representing the views of patients, service users and carers then Healthwatch Stockton-on-Tees would like to hear from you.
The role of a Board member is to:
- Promote good governance.
- Attend board meetings (usually held bi-monthly) and events where required.
- Attend external meetings and events, promoting the role of Healthwatch Stockton-on-Tees.
- Contribute to decision making and work planning.Positions on the Healthwatch Executive Board are voluntary and unpaid, but reasonable authorised out of pocket expenses will be paid.
Knowledge & Skills
- An interest in or experience of health and social care services.
- Awareness of the current challenges faced by the changing health and social care landscape.
- Good level of communication skills with the ability to engage with the local community and stakeholders.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.