Growing Places Retail Assistants
- Growing Places Retail Assistant
- Shaw Trust
Volunteer with Shaw Trust Enterprises and help people in your community grow. Our Growing Places are social enterprise projects, based on horticulture, that provide wellbeing support to adults and young people with a learning disability, autism, or mental health to become more independent, healthy, and connected within their community. By helping us keep the project running smoothly, you will enable us to transform more lives and be a key part of a local community initiative.
You will be working alongside, although not directly supporting people with:
- Mild to moderate learning disabilities,
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder,and/or
- Mild-moderate neurotic mental ill health (such as stress, anxiety, depression)
You will be involved with:
- Serving customers within our plant sales area
- Keeping all areas of site clean and tidy
- Handling cash through our electronic till system
- Undertaking stock checks and replenishing stock
- Watering and caring for plant stock
Knowledge & Skills
No previous retail experience is required but you will need to demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills and engage with the public.
Other useful skills are:
- Friendly and helpful manner
- Responsible & trustworthy
- Ability to work multi-task and use initiative at all times
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to Shaw Trust’s health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work practically and to contribute to the general aims of Shaw Trust.
To volunteer in this role you need to be available from 9am to 4pm at least one day a week.
We will pay reasonable travel expenses. Volunteers need to be aged over 18.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.