Growing Places Café Assistant
- Growing Places Café Assistant
- Shaw Trust
Volunteer with us at Shaw Trust Enterprises and help people in your community grow.
As a Growing Places Café Assistant you’ll ensure Shaw Trust customers never go hungry! Our Growing Places are social enterprise projects, based on horticulture, that provide wellbeing support to adults and young people with a learning disability, autism, or mental health to become more independent, healthy, and connected within their community. By helping us keep the project running smoothly, you will enable us to transform more lives and be a key part of a local community initiative.
Join our team and you will be supporting a growing charitable project by:
- Serving customers within our community café
- Keeping the café and kitchen area clean and tidy
- Preparing tasty food and barista style coffee
- Handling cash through our electronic till system
Knowledge & Skills
Do you have a passion for food? Are you good at multi-tasking? Do you like working in a team? Then this could be the ideal role for you. No previous kitchen or retail experience is required but you will need to demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills and engage with the public. You will need:Friendly and helpful mannerResponsible & trustworthyAbility to work multi-task and use initiative at all timesAbility to work independently but also as part of a teamTo be able to use the full range of kitchen equipment once suitably trainedAbility to adhere to Shaw Trust’s health and safety regulations.Ability to work practically and to contribute to the general aims of Shaw Trust.
As a Shaw Trust volunteer we’ll make sure you’re given all the support you need to shine in your role. There are a number of benefits to volunteering with us, these include:
- Making an invaluable contribution to a national UK charity
- Working in a friendly team and meeting a diverse range of people
- Developing your confidence and interpersonal skills
- Gaining valuable retail and kitchen experience and adding new skills to your CV
- Achieving a national recognised qualification.
- We can also reimburse reasonable travel expenses to travel to and from the shop.
The café is open 9am to 3pm seven days a week, to volunteer in this role you need to be available for at least one full day a week.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.