Good Neighbour Digital Support Volunteer- Port Clarence
- Good Neighbour Digital Support Volunteer- Port Clarence
- Port Clarence
Do you know your way around a laptop or tablet? Are you friendly and approachable and keen to help others? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Volunteers are needed to support members of the community at a drop in digital support session at Port Clarence Community Centre from 10am-12pm on a Tuesday.
Volunteers do not need to be digital geniuses, just willing to share their knowledge in a patient and helpful way to help others stay connected and learn new skills.
Support will be offered and any out of pocket expenses, such as travel costs reimbursed.
- Help offer support to individuals to learn how to use a laptop, tablet or other device.
- Assist them in setting up email and social media accounts as needed.
- Offer follow up support as needed to help build confidence and ability in using technology.
Knowledge & Skills
- Volunteers need to be confident in using IT, but there is no need to be an expert.
- Patience and encouragement is essential in order to help people learn in a supportive and positive way.
- A friendly, open minded approach is needed as is the ability to follow clear data protection and safeguarding guidelines to ensure the protection of the personal details of individuals you may support.
- A friendly attitude.
- A genuine desire to help others and support them.
Where support is offered in public settings eg: library or community venue a DBS is not required.
Some individuals prefer support in the home, a DBS check would be required for this sort of support.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.