Family volunteers focus on a specific family or handful of families. Some of the support is provided 1:1 and some in small group settings. This role will suit people who are good listeners and can empathise – it’s not always about solving the problem, sometimes it’s just about being there. Family volunteers offer a kind of ‘hand-holding’ support, enabling families to overcome barriers.
- Parent Group Leaders – delivering the Empowering Parents, Empowering Communities (EPEC) programme – a peer-led parenting course in partnership with Stockton Family Hubs.
What you’ll gain from volunteering…
- Feeling of having supported a family to take steps towards being stronger – more resilient, more confident, more independent. You’ll also gain the experience of having helped the family to achieve this…great if you’re looking to gain skills in Family Support or related areas.
- Robust training, which includes Safeguarding, Data Protection, Health & Safety, Personal Safety, Equality & Diversity – and is backed up by local induction covering areas including communication, boundaries and ‘meeting the values’.
- You’ll be a valued member of our team and you’ll make a difference to local families and communities – having fun and gaining experience all the way!
- Family volunteers will also have opportunities to shadow our Family Support and Outreach Workers; meeting families and gaining insight into the Family Support role.
What we’ll ask from you…
- We ask all of our volunteers to support us for a minimum of one year.
- All volunteers complete an Enhanced DBS check and provide two references.
- Before starting your journey you’ll complete our national training units and local induction.
- While actively volunteering we also need you to attend occasional supervision and/or team meetings.
- You must also follow Family Action’s policies and procedures.
- Most importantly, our volunteers must evidence Family Action’s values by being people focused, ‘can do’, striving for excellence and showing mutual respect.
If you’d like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact us on 01642 721952 – Option 2..To apply, please complete our application form and send to email@example.com