Evening/Weekend Volunteer (Social Lights)
- Evening/Weekend Volunteer (Social Lights)
Be a light in your community!
We are looking for people who can volunteer on evenings (from 5pm) and weekends, for the Social Lights project – a volunteering scheme designed to support people who are in receipt of Adult Social Care through Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council. This could mean going to a youth club with the person your supporting on an evening, perhaps joining in with a sports activity on the weekend like a football match, the possibilities are endless!
We don’t require any qualifications or experience for this role and we will provide full training. Whether you are looking for experience in Adult Social Care for future career prospects, or you simple enjoy supporting people to thrive in their community, you can get involved.
We want everyone to feel empowered and able to reach personal goals and follow interests, whoever they may be. Social Lights allows people access to additional support from our friendly, fully trained volunteers to encourage and enable people to thrive in their community, through groups or activities, and build self-confidence along the way.
Volunteers will be placed with a person based on interests and hobbies, aiming to create a great pairing ready to go out and explore community activities, but most importantly have fun!
If you are interested in the scheme or have any questions, please contact Alice Robinson at email@example.com or call 07961660944.
Adult Social Care
- Complete the necessary volunteer induction and training sessions, and any additional training opportunities as necessary
- Support people in activities on evening and weekends such as attending social activities & groups, learning new skills & hobbies, using public transport and achieving personal goals
- Maintain confidentiality throughout the service (making the people aware information will be shared with the Volunteer Coordinator where necessary)
- To help people develop their self-confidence and social skills by building and maintaining a supportive relationship
- Complete service evaluation as required by the Volunteer Coordinator
Knowledge & Skills
• An understanding of challenges and barriers that people who use the service may face would be useful but not essential
• Ability to support, encourage and enable others to fulfil tasks and activities
•Friendly, respectful and non-judgemental attitude towards people who use the service and their needs
• Demonstrated good listening and personal skills
• Reliable, trustworthy and proactive
Please note volunteers must be 18 + years as this role involves supporting adults.
Catalyst will provide necessary training and 1-1 support
throughout your voluntary service, including:
- DBS check
- Paid expenses (including travel and out of pocket)
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.