Evening Activity Buddy (Social Lights)
- Evening Activity Buddy (Social Lights)
- Norton (Stockton-on-Tees)
As part of the Social Lights Scheme, we are looking for a volunteer who will support a client once a week from 6pm – 9pm. The client is looking to attend a support group for individuals with autism and would like a kind and patient volunteer to support her to attend the group on a weekly basis, to help her build confidence and socialise within the group. At the moment, the group is running on Mondays (6-9pm) but in September will change to Tuesdays (6-9pm). The client is a young female and would like a female volunteer to support her.
Social Lights a volunteering scheme designed to support people who are in receipt of Adult Social Care through Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council. We want everyone to feel empowered and able to reach personal goals and follow interests, whoever they may be. Social Lights allows people access to additional support from our friendly, fully trained volunteers to encourage and enable people to thrive in their community, through groups or activities, and build self-confidence along the way.
We don’t require any qualifications or experience for this role and we will provide full training. Whether you are looking for experience in Adult Social Care for future career prospects, or you simple enjoy supporting people to thrive in their community, you can get involved.
Adult Social Care
- Support the client to attend a weekly group on an evening 6-9pm, meeting in Norton (Stockton-on-Tees)
- Complete training and DBS check provided by Catalyst
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to support, encourage and enable others to fulfil tasks and activities
- An understanding of challenges and barriers that people who use the service may face would be useful but not essential
- Friendly, respectful and non-judgemental attitude
- Reliable, trustworthy and proactive
Please note the volunteer must be 18 + years as this role involves supporting an adult.
Catalyst will provide necessary training and 1-1 support
throughout your voluntary service, including:
- DBS check
- Paid expenses (including travel and out of pocket)
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.