Emergency Response Volunteer
- Emergency Response Team Member
- Co. Durham / Darlington / Cleveland
British Red Cross Crisis Response Group are offering a rare opportunity for up to 30 local people to volunteer and join their Emergency Response Team to support the local communities within Co. Durham, Darlington and Cleveland areas.
About the role
As an Emergency Response Volunteer, you may be providing much needed practical and emotional support to individuals, as part of a team, in support of emergency
services and other partner agencies following a crisis, an emergency or major incident.
This can be varied and may include incident scenes and Rest Centres; in British Red Cross vehicles or at British Red Cross premises.
Commitment:- we are flexible around your volunteering as this is dependent on your availability, but you will be required to perform a minimum of two rota duties per month and when additional incidents occur.
What we offer:
- The chance to work with different people from different walks of life; making a positive difference.
- The opportunities to work with a range of external partner agencies
- Comprehensive training so you are properly equipped to carry out your Red Cross role; developing existing skills and gaining new ones
- Working as part of an effective team
- Payment of expenses when on duty by being a British Red Cross volunteer you can proudly say you are a member of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation.
For more Information or to register an expression of interest please contact
Emergency Response Officer (North East)
Emergency Response Service
Supporting People & Communities in Crisis
We respond both Locally and Nationally to various UK emergencies every year - from floods and house fires to major incidents. Our trained volunteers support
emergency services, local authorities and other partner agencies whilst responding to crisis events.
Offering practical and emotional support to those affected by emergency or crisis events;
- Supplying basic provisions i.e. food, drinks, hygiene packs and clothing etc.
- Signposting to partner agencies regarding temporary accommodation
- Providing emotional support in a Rest Centre i.e. after a flood
- Working alongside other responders namely Fire, Police and Ambulance Services, Local Authorities and other voluntary agencies.
- Attending briefings, undertaking training and completing administration tasks as required.
Knowledge & Skills
As Detailed Above
As Detailed Above
Service users are always our priority and we work to understand their needs, supporting them in making a positive difference. Responders need good communication,
social and teamwork skills.
- To respond when on call or if required
- Able to support others calmly and with empathy in crisis situations
- Able to follow role specific guidance and instruction
- To uphold the Fundamental Principles and Values of the Red Cross, whilst adhering
to the Society's Equal Opportunities Policy
- A DBS check is required for this role
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.