Digital support volunteers
- Digital support volunteers
- Various- Stockton-on-Tees
Do you know your way around a laptop or tablet? Are you friendly
and approachable and keen to help others? If so, we would love to hear
Volunteers are needed to support members of the community to access opportunities online. You will join our bank of volunteers, available to support people when we receive requests.
Volunteers do not need to be digital geniuses, just willing to
share their knowledge in a patient and helpful way to help others stay
connected and learn new skills.
Support will be offered and any out of pocket expenses, such as
travel costs reimbursed.
- Help offer support to individuals to learn how
to use a laptop, tablet or other device.
- Assist them in setting up email and social
media accounts as needed.
- Offer follow up support as needed to help
build confidence and ability in using technology.
Knowledge & Skills
- Volunteers need to be confident in using IT, but there is no need to be an expert.
- Patience and encouragement is essential in order to help people learn in a supportive and positive way.
- A friendly, open minded approach is needed as is the ability to follow clear data protection and safeguarding guidelines to ensure the protection of the personal details of individuals you may support.
- This is a flexible role which can be arranged to suit the volunteer and the client.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.