Diabetes UK Speaker Volunteer
- Diabetes UK Speaker Volunteer
- North East
- Diabetes UK
Speaker scheme volunteers give talks and presentations on behalf of Diabetes UK to groups in their local communities to raise awareness of diabetes and our work. You fit the talks into your existing commitments; you decide when you are available and who you are going to be speaking to. Most talks will last for around 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Main tasks and activities
- Attend a speaker scheme training session to learn more about diabetes and Diabetes UK and help develop your presentation skills.
- Approach groups in your local area to offer to give talks to their members.
- We hope that you will be able to volunteer to organise a minimum of 5 talks over a year (after training has taken place).
- Present in a friendly and enthusiastic manner to a wide range of groups such as community groups, social clubs, local companies and organisations.
- Answer general queries and direct any medical or other specific questions to Diabetes UK or to healthcare professionals.
Knowledge & Skills
Training will be given and expenses will be reimbursed.
Public speaking, confidence, communication, time management
Application form required with 2 references.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.