Diabetes UK Events Volunteer
- Diabetes UK Events Volunteer
- North East
- Diabetes UK
Events volunteers help raise awareness of diabetes and Diabetes UK at events around the country. The location of events range from roadshows in market squares and high streets to big events such as melas and county shows. Volunteers can also help out at conferences, sporting events and support days. Volunteers mainly attend events in their local region.
Main tasks and activities
- Talk to members of the general public in a friendly and enthusiastic manner to raise awareness of diabetes and Diabetes UK
- Offer appropriate Diabetes UK publications/materials
- Motivate people who are at risk of diabetes to go their GP for a diabetes test
- Answer general queries and direct any medical or other specific questions to the appropriate member of staff
- Encourage people with diabetes to leave their details so that we can forward them further information
Knowledge & Skills
Training will be given if required
Organisation skills, confidence, networking, communication, friendly, good time management
Application form with two references
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.