To support the work of the Countryside Ranger staff in delivering practical work in parks and other green open spaces.
You will have the opportunity to:
· Help with the management of various types of habitat in Stockton’s Country Parks and Nature Reserves including woodland, grassland, wetland, and hedges.
· Help to keep footpaths accessible by building and maintaining steps, cutting back vegetation, etc
· Learn new skills such as hedge laying
· Help to conserve biodiversity locally by installing and maintaining bird boxes, tree planting, pond maintenance, etc Countryside volunteering helps to promote the Council’s work in promoting biodiversity and in providing well-maintained parks that keep the residents of the Borough healthy and active.
Greenspace and Countryside Team
· A chance to share your enthusiasm for helping to conserve local biodiversity
· A chance to give time to your local community
· Something to put on your CV
· An opportunity to work alongside various departments within the Council.
Practical hands-on work that is tailored to suit all levels of ability. · Working alongside the Rangers and within a team of other volunteers to ensure that work is undertaken sensitively.
· Adhering to Council’s Health and safety policies
No knowledge and skills are required as training will be given.
Friendly, outgoing, and confident.
· Ability to communicate with people.
· Good time management
· Passionate about the environment.
. Must have good mobility and baseline fitness
· Organised, with the ability to use own initiative
· Ability to act in accordance with health and safety
· Ability to work with others and to follow instructions