Community Volunteers are usually found leading a group attended by families, parents or children on their own. This role suits people who believe in the idea of community and the power of teamwork to improve everyone’s situation. Outgoing, friendly and chatty people who feel confident in groups.
- Breastfeeding Supporters – working alongside health professionals to deliver a peer support model
- Early Years Volunteers – leading a Stay & Play session for under-5’s and their parents/carers
- Young People’s Volunteers – leading after school clubs, games sessions, youth groups for 5-19s
What you’ll gain from volunteering…
- Feeling of bringing people together to work collectively and seeing the impact of this – relationships being formed, confidence increasing and challenges being overcome. You’ll also gain experience of leading the group that facilitates this…early years, young people, family or health-based experience for those looking into careers in these areas.
- Robust training, which includes Safeguarding, Data Protection, Health & Safety, Personal Safety, Equality & Diversity – and is backed up by local induction covering areas including communication, boundaries and ‘meeting the values’.
- You’ll be a valued member of our team and you’ll make a difference to local families and communities – having fun and gaining experience all the way!
What we’ll ask from you…
- We ask all of our volunteers to support us for a minimum of one year.
- All volunteers complete an Enhanced DBS check and provide two references.
- Before starting your journey you’ll complete our national training units and local induction.
- While actively volunteering we also need you to attend occasional supervision and/or team meetings.
- You must also follow Family Action’s policies and procedures.
- Most importantly, our volunteers must evidence Family Action’s values by being people focused, ‘can do’, striving for excellence and showing mutual respect.
Most groups run on a weekly basis so we’re looking for people who can be relied upon regularly.
If you’d like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact us on 01642 721952 – Option 2. To apply, please complete our application form and send to email@example.com