Community Internet Cafe Assistant – Digital
- Community Internet Cafe Assistant - Digital
- Hardwick Community Centre
Following receipt of a 2 year grant from The National Lottery Community Fund to run a twice weekly Internet Cafe at Hardwick Community Centre, we are looking for pro-active volunteers to assist us to run our cafe and help cafe users with computer use if necessary. You do not have to be an expert computer user, but do need to have a working knowledge of computers and the internet. We ask that you commit to a set number of hours each week in order to assist us in our staffing rotas.
Volunteers will assist in the day to day running of the Fusion Internet Café (from food and drinks preparation to customer service and maintaining hygiene standards at all times.
The main criteria is that you are open, friendly and willing to help others.
Volunteers will gain experience of working in a team, providing customer service within a hospitality environment and assisting users with the use of computers when necessary.
- Digital Media· Assist with the set up of the tables and chairs for each café session
- Assist with setting up of laptops and attaching physical security to each laptops to avoid theft
- Help maintain a register of those using the digital media
- Ensure each person using computers has either registered previously or registers ‘on the day’ before using the projects digital equipment and maintain a session register
- Greet visitors to the café in a friendly and welcoming way
- Assist visitors with aspects of using a computer when necessary, understand that not everyone is IT savvy and may need support to a greater or lesser degree
- At end of session, ensure machines are closed down appropriately, and put away in charging station appropriately connected so to be charged for next session.
- Assist others to put away and tidy up/clean café area before leaving
- Ensure that all digital equipment is securely locked away at the end of each session
Other Responsibilities: Fusion Cafe
Assist other volunteers and staff (when time permits) to set up/clear away and provide customer service to café users. (as per Fusion Café
- Throughout your volunteering time you should:
- Be clean and presentable at all times during project sessions
- Be prepared to wear project specific clothing (t-shirt or tabard) and to be responsible for cleaning of such garments.
- Project a welcoming and friendly attitude towards both colleagues and project participants
- Maintain a booking sheet for future sessions
- Demonstrate a ’can do’ attitude
- Be pro-active when looking at tasks to be carried out
- Ask for advice from Project Staff if and when needed is needed
- Be able to work as part of team for the better running of the project
- Be flexible in order to accommodate events that may occur during a session.
We ask all volunteers to:
- Commit to a minimum of 6 months as a volunteer, either 4 or 8 hours per week
- Undergo an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check
- Undergo all training and supervision as required by the management of Fusion Project.
- Comply with Hardwick in Partnership’s policies and procedures, including Safeguarding, Health & Safety, GDPR and Diversity
- Protect their own health, safety and welfare at all times
- Positively promote the principles of these policies amongst colleagues, service users, volunteers and other members of the
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.