Community Champion Volunteer
- Community Champion Volunteer
Community Champions are attached to a specific service (e.g. Healthy Start clinics) or activity (e.g. buggy fit) and work with groups rather than specific families. They aim to build strong links within the community and to signpost families to the services they need. Champions also support community events.
* Welcome families to the hub, to services, activities or events
* Be a familiar and friendly face – able to engage and chat with families
* Empathise, encourage and support families to share their concerns with you
* Keep up to date with information on a wide range of family based services across Stockton, actively promoting Family Hub services within the Hub and the local community
* Take (or share) responsibility, alongside FA staff, to organise and run community events e.g. summer fun days, Christmas parties, events with specific themes or aims
* Take an active role in empowering families to have their voice heard * Keep accurate records, appropriate to the role, using a Family Action template
Throughout your volunteering role, evidence
Family Action’s values by: * Being people focused * Reflecting a ‘can do’
approach * Striving for excellence in everything you do and * having mutual
respect for everyone you work with, work for and support through our services.
We ask all of our volunteers to:
* Commit to a minimum of 6 months, 3 hours per week.
* Undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
* Undergo all training and supervision as required by Family Action
* Comply with Family Action’s policies and procedures, including Safeguarding, Health and Safety, GDPR and Diversity & Equality
* Safeguard the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
* Protect their own health, safety and welfare
* Positively promote the principles of these policies amongst colleagues, service users, volunteers and other members of the community.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.