Community Cafe Volunteer
- Community Cafe Volunteer
Community Café Volunteers will assist in the day-to-day running of the Family Hub cafés – from food preparation, to customer service, to maintaining hygiene standards. Most importantly they will be a friendly face for families visiting the hub.
Community Café Volunteers will gain experience of the catering and hospitality industry.
They will be customer-facing and so they will also gain experience in interacting with members of the public in a service role. They will be involved in helping to run community events within the café and engage with children, young people and
* Prepare the kitchen for service, including basic stock-taking
* Prepare and cook some dishes prior to café opening time(s)
* Greet children, young people and families in a friendly and welcoming way
*Take orders, operate the till and give correct change
* Handle customer queries proactively
* Prepare and cook food to order, managing several orders at the same time (with support)
* Clear tables, clean surfaces, sweep and mop – following health & safety procedures
Throughout your volunteering role, evidence
Family Action’s values by: * Being people focused * Reflecting a ‘can do’
approach * Striving for excellence in everything you do and * having mutual
respect for everyone you work with, work for and support through our services.
We ask all of our volunteers to:
* Commit to a minimum of 6 months, 3 hours per week.
* Undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
* Undergo all training and supervision as required by Family Action * Comply with Family Action’s policies and procedures, including Safeguarding, Health and Safety, GDPR and Diversity & Equality
* Safeguard the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
* Protect their own health, safety and welfare
* Positively promote the principles of these policies amongst colleagues, service users, volunteers and other members of the community.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.