Cafe Volunteers – Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park Visitors Centre
- Cafe Volunteer
- Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park Visitors Centre
BELP supports the Friends of Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park to run a volunteer led cafe in Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park Visitors Centre, between 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday. We are looking for a new volunteer for a Tuesday and a Thursday (although any other times would also be appreciated).
- Café volunteers will open the centre ·
- Café volunteers will report to the Volunteer Café Co-ordinator.
- As the café is part of the visitor centre which is managed by Billingham Environmental Link Project (BELP) the Volunteer Café Co-ordinator will meet regularly with the management team to discuss café and visitor centre developments. Any issues, questions and concerns about the role will come through the Volunteer Café Co-ordinator up to the BELP management team and back down to the volunteer team as appropriate.
- Ensure the café is clean and ready for customers prior to service
- Follow all hand washing and food hygiene procedures, including undertaking relevant training opportunities.
- Work with colleagues, both paid staff and volunteers to manage stocks and payments related to café sales and purchasesUse written and verbal instruction to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the café and centreTreat all customers with respect listening where appropriate without offering personal opinions.
- Volunteers will be required to make themselves aware of and comply with the relevant policies and procedures and in particular the code of conduct in order to ensure healthy constructive relationships with other volunteers, paid staff and members of the public.
- Volunteers are based at Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park Visitor Centre
- Hours will usually be 10 am till 2pm Monday to Friday however, volunteers will choose the days/times that fits
themselves in agreement with the team
- Volunteers may be requested to cover occasional evening and weekend events
- Additional volunteers will be recruited for weekends and additional activities as the centre develops to ensure volunteers are not overwhelmed by the roleVolunteers will be provided with a uniform bearing the visitor centre logo after a probationary period
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.