Customer Service Volunteer
- Customer Service Volunteer
- TS17 6PT
- British Red Cross
If you enjoy being in an office environment, are compassionate and like meeting people then this could be the role for you. Thanks to volunteers like you we can provide people in your local community with wheelchairs and other mobility equipment to help them through a crisis. This vital service enables people to maintain their independence and quality of life after an illness or injury. Whether it is to help take a relative out, or take a child to school, it makes a difficult and distressing time a little bit easier. Spread the power of kindness with us and help make sure that everyone who needs one can get a wheelchair.
Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team.
• A great opportunity to use your existing skills or gain new ones.
• All training and induction for the role (there is no charge for training).
• Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including for attending training.
Providing great customer service issuing wheelchairs/equipment and receiving returns.
• Using a computer-based stock control system.
• Demonstrating safe use of the equipment.
• Receiving payments / donations.
• Dealing with enquiries from people wanting to hire/loan a wheelchair or other equipment (online, phone and in person).
Knowledge & Skills
Physically able to safely lift or move wheelchairs and other mobility equipment.
• Some customer service experience is desirable.
• Enjoy meeting people and good interpersonal skills.
• Able to work independently and in a team.
• Good IT skills and able to complete on-line training.
• Able to commit to a regular shift on a weekly basis.
good It skills with excellent communication skills over the phone and face to face.
We are looking for a 6 month commitment or longer, doing one shift a week on a regular basis.
We are interested in applicants who can commit to volunteering a few hours a week (afternoons Thursday and Friday) on a regular basis.
Full training given with ongoing support. An opportunity to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation and the knowledge that you are making a positive difference to people’s lives.
4 volunteers needed - hopefully 2 for each afternoon. Lone working until we can recruit a pair for each shift. Occasionally others in the building.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.