Assisted Shopping Volunteer
- Assisted Shopping Volunteer
- Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees
We are looking for an Assisted Shopping Volunteer who can help with a specific request we have had from a client. The client currently uses our Hub service to receive food shop deliveries to their home, however now has access to a wheelchair meaning they can now access a supermarket. We require a volunteer to push the clients wheelchair around the supermarket, and help with loading any shopping into a basket or trolly. This support would be required once per week, for up to 6 weeks.
This support would enable the client to become more independent and less isolated, and help them become confident using a wheelchair in a public setting.
We require a volunteer who is able to push a wheelchair for a long period of time (approx. 1 hour round a local supermarket, and back to the client’s home in Billingham).
Travel and out of pocket expenses will be provided by Catalyst.
If you require more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pushing the client's wheelchair from their home in Billingham, to a local supermarket in Billingham town, and back to their home.
- Helping with navigating a supermarket, loading a trolly or basket with goods.
Knowledge & Skills
- Positive/wheelchair handling training can be provided upon request.
- Prior experience pushing a wheelchair would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Willingness to help others
- Reliable - able to attend at proposed time
- A commitment of once per week, for up to 6 weeks. The proposed day can be flexible to your schedule and the client's schedule.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.