Girls Friendly Society Activity Leader
- Activity Leader Volunteer
- Bullion Hall, South Approach, Chester-Le-Street, DH2 2DW
Our volunteers are integral to everything we do at Girls Friendly Society and they provide us with much-needed support in all areas across the organisation. We have over 150 volunteers working in a variety of roles – from leaders who run weekly groups all over England and Wales, to those who volunteer behind the scenes supporting with administration, social media, fundraising and book keeping.
Volunteering with GFS is a great way to meet like-minded people who share a passion for the empowerment of girls and young women. There are lots of other benefits too, such as:
- Making a positive difference to the lives of girls and young women.
- Having fun, meeting new people and being part of a local community.
- Learning new skills and develop existing ones.
- A springboard to a new career.
- Providing a girl or young women with new opportunities.
Knowledge & Skills
You do not need previous experience in youth work for our direct roles - all we ask is that you have a genuine enthusiasm for the development and empowerment of girls and young women. We provide all our direct volunteers with training and guidance to successfully work with young people and run GFS Groups.
We would ask to see some skill or previous experience to enable you to fulfil a support role. For example, a social media volunteer would need some proof-reading and written language skills, but not to have necessarily worked in a specific role previously.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in the opportunity.