Volunteer Seafarers Centre Assistant/North TeesMission to Seafarers North Tees and Hartlepool
|Department:||North Tees Team|
|Responsible to:||Centre Manager and Port Welfare Staff|
|Other Key Working
|Staff and volunteers at Port Mission/Centre; MtS Volunteers and Staff; MtS port chaplains; staff and volunteers from other maritime agencies|
|Volunteering Hours||Variable, by agreement. 7-10pm Monday to Friday. Daytime shifts also available on the rota.|
|· With others to provide a warm welcome and practical support to seafarers visiting the North Tees seafarers centre.
· Assist with the Seafarers shop and bar, its sales and services
|Principal Duties and Responsibilities – Under the direction and supervision of the the Centre Manager and Port Welfare Staff:|
|· Provide a warm welcome to visiting seafarers at the North Tees port/seafarers centre.
· Assist seafarers in practical ways, including connecting to Wi-Fi, accessing mobile broadband services, exchanging foreign currency for seafarers
· Serve seafarers at the shop/bar, stock up shelves and price goods.
· Assist in the opening and closing of the bar and shop
· Helping the team to keep the Seafarers centre clean and tidy.
· Transporting seafarers to and from ships, as required.
· Attend Volunteer meetings for peer support, when required
· Participate in training opportunities as required.
· Ensure information is kept secure and used in accordance with MtS policy on confidentiality and the GDPR.
|Knowledge and Skills:|
· Excellent listening skills
· Willingness to have a flexible approach to volunteering.
· Culturally aware with the ability to relate easily to people from many different countries.
Opportunity Expires On31.12.2020 12:22
Requires DBS Check?No
Link to your websitehttps://www.missiontoseafarers.org/Pages/Category/volunteer