Volunteer Driving RoleNorth Tees and Hartlepool NHS Trust
An exciting volunteering opportunity has arisen with North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust.
The Trust understands the value of volunteering and encourages volunteer involvement. We see the important role this work plays not just in enhancing our services and the experience of service users and their families and carers, but also in empowering and enhancing the life of the volunteer.
Our Volunteer Drivers Scheme provides an opportunity to transport our patients to and from their homes to our hospital sites safely and comfortably. In order to do this we need your help as a volunteer to support us in achieving our ultimate aim of caring for patients and recognising their individual needs as being our top priority.
Our Volunteer drivers provide transportation to patients visiting the Trusts’ hospitals whose medical condition does not warrant an ambulance transfer but who experience difficulties in accessing the hospitals.
The role will involve a range of activities including
- Collecting patients from their home and taking them to and from our hospital sites within Stockton, Hartlepool and surrounding areas.
- You will be taking patients to specific destinations using your own vehicle, on occasions it may be necessary to use Trust vehicles.
- Assisting clients in and out of the vehicle ensuring their and your own safety at all times.
- Escorting patients into the their home ensuring their safety and wellbeing, notifying an appropriate member of staff if there are any issues that need to be addressed In some cases accompanying patients until they are ready to return home
- You may also be required to deliver prescriptions to those patients who have been taken home without them. Guidance and support is given regarding governance to enable this to happen
- Logging mileage and completing expense forms to ensure reimbursement of out of pocket expenses.
- Being an ambassador of the Trust at all times, whilst meeting the needs of the of the wider community
- In order to undertake this role and to ensure safe recruitment practices you will be required to undergo a check with Disclosure and Barring Service (formally CRB) which will identify any convictions that could prevent you from undertaking this type of role – details of this will be discussed further during your interview
If you have:
- Full clean driving licence
- Access to a car in a roadworthy condition and appropriate insurance
- Commitment and be motivated by helping others
- Patience and friendly manner
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A minimum of one morning, (11am – 1.30pm), afternoon, (1.30 – 4pm), or early evening, (4 – 6pm) per week free to support this service
Then this could be the role for you, hours are negotiable depending upon personal circumstances and service requirements. Travel expenses will be provided.
If you have any questions or require further information about any aspects in this role please contact Paul Wharton on 01642 383933 or email@example.com
A copy of the role description can be found by clicking here.
Requires DBS Check?Yes
Link to your websitehttps://www.nth.nhs.uk/jobs/volunteer/