Independent Living Support VolunteerRoyal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB)
Can you build a rapport with people and put them at ease? Would you enjoy assisting people with sight loss live independently? Would you be able to provide information to help people claim benefits and assist with organising our Living With Sight Loss courses? If so, Action for Blind People’s busy local team needs you to help people stay independent and to guide them through the benefits maze.
What you will be doing?
Respond to questions and concerns, Create a friendly welcome
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to ask questions sensitively
- Good Communication Skills
- Good IT skills
- Helpful and understanding manner
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Working with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
When will you be needed?
Opportunity Expires On31.07.2016 13:08
Requires DBS Check?No
Link to your websitehttp://www.rnib.org.uk/volunteering/find-volunteering-opportunities-near-you/independent-living-support-volunteer-1