Write to Us:
Catalyst House, 27 Yarm Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS183NJ
Who are Stockton Volunteers?
Stockton Volunteers is a project managed by Catalyst Stockton-on-Tees LTD, supported by Stockton Borough Council and Safe in Tees Valley.
Who are Catalyst Stockton?
Catalyst Stockton is a charity (Charity Number: 1083231) and company limited by Guarantee (Company Number: 04016295). Our Registered Address is: Catalyst House, 27 Yarm Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS183NJ.
Catalyst Stockton focus on supporting the local Voluntary, Community, and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector in Stockton-on-Tees. Our main website can be found at www.catalyststockton.org.
Stockton Volunteers uses the data we collect from you to improve and focus our website so that it is more effective in its intended purpose: providing information on volunteering opportunities available in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees, and providing information on volunteering and the benefits it brings in general.
In carrying out this purpose we combine data we collect from different places (for example from an organisation’s user accounts or a visitor’s cookie information) and use it to analyse activity on the website and areas for improvement.
Some data is collected and kept to ensure proper running of the functionalities of the website, such as account data or contact information. However, we will always ask your permission before using your data for these purposes, and if at any time you wish to withdraw your permission you can submit a form to request that we delete your data. More on this can be found below.
We collect data from multiple sources on our website, depending on how you are using the site.
- We collect information through user accounts set up by organisations in order to post volunteering opportunities. Whilst the majority of this data pertains to an organisation or charity, depending on how the account was set up, some of this data may relate to private individuals. It is for that reason that we ask permission to use and store the data we are given when the user signs up for an account.
- Organisations who use our website have the ability to sign up to an e-bulletin that will alert them to events and important information related to Stockton Volunteers. More information on that can be found below. We also encourage organisations to sign up to become members of Catalyst Stockton and to receive the Catalyst Stockton weekly e-bulletin. More information on that can be found on the Catalyst Stockton website.
- Some events that Stockton Volunteers runs are advertised through our website. People can sign up and register for these events. Contact information and, where applicable, information on accessibility or dietary needs is recorded from these sign up forms in order to ensure we can cater to an individual’s needs at these events. We will ask permission during sign up in order to use and keep your data. This data will be kept for the duration of the Stockton Volunteers project, or 6 years, whichever comes first.
- When you make an enquiry about a volunteering opportunity through our website two different records could be generated:
- If you are e-mailing through our website to an organisation that has a volunteering opportunity you are interested in then we will record the originating time, date and e-mail address of an e-mail, but not its content. This information is stored for 6 months.
- If you are e-mailing through our website to contact ourselves, we will record the originating time, date, and e-mail address of an e-mail, and we will also recieve the content of the e-mail as well. We will then use this information to contact you, as assuming your consent is considered in the user’s best interest.
Sometimes Third Parties will share data with us. Most significantly this pertains to events we may be organising and/or are attending. This often includes:
- If an attendee to an event believes we may be able to support you or your organisation, they may give us your contact information.
- Organisations working in partnership may sometimes share details of their partner organisations.
- Organisations active in the Borough may share research data with us, some of which may not be anonymised.
- Our partners may share information with us when they deem it necessary.
In all cases you should check with the organisations sharing your data about their Privacy Policies. We will not knowingly violate their policies, nor our own, in sharing data, and wherever possible, when Third Party data is shared with us, we will attempt to gain permission to use the data.
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any interaction or provide any support you have requested. When you contact an organisation through our website, we are simply facilitating the transfer of information at your request, and we only retain a record of when e-mails were sent and who sent them. This information is not shared outside of Catalyst Stockton.
We will not share your information with Third Parties, except at your request to facilitate the proper running of this website and the functions of our charitable purpose; to support volunteers and volunteering in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees. We will always let you know when a piece of information you give us may be shared with Third Parties, however, this happenstance is rare and would only occur under the following circumstances:
- If required by our partner organisations – in which instance we will contact you to ask permission to share your data.
- If it is in your best interest – we may share your contact information with potential volunteers. This is because some volunteers do not have internet access and are unable to use e-mails, or would prefer direct contact over the phone or in person. In these cases, we consider this to be in your best interests.
- We may pass your contact information on to organisations if you are a volunteer who has expressed interest in volunteering in a particular area of interest, and an opportunity becomes available, we may pass your contact information on to the relevant volunteer co-ordinator. We consider this action to be in your best interests, and part of the intended purpose for which you contacted us.
- If we are legally required to do so in order to co-operate with legal investigations, insurance investigations, or if we are compelled to do so by a regulatory body or government entity.
We will never sell your data to Third Parties, nor will we condone the use of your data for advertising purposes unless permission is expressly given to the contrary.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations you have a right to access, correct, restrict, and erase data that we hold on you.
- Right to Access: You have a right to request access to personal data that is being held by our organisation. You have a right to request copies of the information we hold, and we will attempt to provide you with this information unless other legal restrictions apply.
- Right to Correct: You have a right to have inaccurate or incorrect information corrected. The accuracy of the data we hold on you is important to us, so if you have changed your information please get in contact with us by calling 01642 733906
- Right to Restrict: You have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of some or all of your personal information. We may not always be able to comply, depending on our legal requirements, but we will endeavour to accommodate your request whenever possible.
- Right to Erase: You have a right to ask us to delete some or al of your personal data and we will do our best to accommodate your request. However, in some cases we may be legally required to keep that information. Wherever possible we will try to anonymise your information, rather than deleting it.
There are exceptions that apply to your rights over your personal data. For more information visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website by clicking here.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Stockton Volunteers, Catalyst Stockton, Catalyst Houes, 27 Yarm Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS183NJ. We will require proof of identity to proceed with your request.
Keeping your data safe is very important to us. When you give us personal information we take steps to ensure that systems are in place to protect it.
Any data we collect is encrypted using 128 bit encryption. We use encrypted e-mail when contacting you about personal information, and we endeavour to anonymise all data wherever possible.
Whilst we strive to protect your data, we can never guarantee that information sent to us via unencrypted methods will be 100% secure. Therefore, you are at your own risk in submitting information to us through unencrypted channels.
If you are utilising parts of our website that require a password you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password.