Your privacy means a lot to us. This privacy statement will explain the kind of data we collect about you and how we will store it, use it, and keep it safe.
This is important information and we encourage you to look at the summaries below, and click on the “learn more” buttons if you would like further information.
If you have any questions about this policy and our privacy practices please get in touch:
Write to Us:
Catalyst House, 27 Yarm Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS183NJ
Who are Stockton Volunteers?
Stockton Volunteers is a project managed by Catalyst Stockton-on-Tees LTD, supported by Stockton Borough Council and Safe in Tees Valley.
Who are Catalyst Stockton?
Catalyst Stockton is a charity (Charity Number: 1083231) and company limited by Guarantee (Company Number: 04016295). Our Registered Address is: Catalyst House, 27 Yarm Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS183NJ.
Catalyst Stockton focus on supporting the local Voluntary, Community, and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector in Stockton-on-Tees. Our main website can be found at www.catalyststockton.org.
Stockton Volunteers uses the data we collect from you to improve and focus our website so that it is more effective in its intended purpose: providing information on volunteering opportunities available in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees, and providing information on volunteering and the benefits it brings in general.
In carrying out this purpose we combine data we collect from different places (for example from an organisation’s user accounts or a visitor’s cookie information) and use it to analyse activity on the website and areas for improvement.
Some data is collected and kept to ensure proper running of the functionalities of the website, such as account data or contact information. However, we will always ask your permission before using your data for these purposes, and if at any time you wish to withdraw your permission you can submit a request to remove your. More on this can be found below.
We collect data from multiple sources on our website, depending on how you are using the site.
- We collect information through user accounts set up by organisations in order to post volunteering opportunities. Whilst the majority of this data pertains to an organisation or charity, depending on how the account was set up, some of this data may relate to private individuals. It is for that reason that we ask permission to use and store the data we are given when the user signs up for an account.
- Organisations who use our website have the ability to sign up to an e-bulletin that will alert them to events and important information related to Stockton Volunteers. More information on that can be found below. We also encourage organisations to sign up to become members of Catalyst Stockton and to receive the Catalyst Stockton weekly e-bulletin. More information on that can be found on the Catalyst Stockton website.
- Some events that Stockton Volunteers runs are advertised through our website. People can sign up and register for these events. Contact information and, where applicable, information on accessibility or dietary needs is recorded from these sign up forms in order to ensure we can cater to an individual’s needs at these events. We will ask permission during sign up in order to use and keep your data. This data will be kept for the duration of the Stockton Volunteers project, or 6 years, whichever comes first.
- When you make an enquiry about a volunteering opportunity through our website two different records could be generated:
- If you are e-mailing through our website to an organisation that has a volunteering opportunity you are interested in then we will record the originating time, date and e-mail address of an e-mail, but not its content. This information is stored for 6 months.
- If you are e-mailing through our website to contact ourselves, we will record the originating time, date, and e-mail address of an e-mail, and we will also recieve the content of the e-mail as well. We will then use this information to contact you, as assuming your consent is considered in the user’s best interest.
Sometimes Third Parties will share data with us. Most significantly this pertains to events we may be organising and/or are attending. This often includes:
- If an attendee to an event believes we may be able to support you or your organisation, they may give us your contact information.
- Organisations working in partnership may sometimes share details of their partner organisations.
- Organisations active in the Borough may share research data with us, some of which may not be anonymised.
- Our partners may share information with us when they deem it necessary.
In all cases you should check with the organisations sharing your data about their Privacy Policies. We will not knowingly violate their policies, nor our own, in sharing data, and wherever possible, when Third Party data is shared with us, we will attempt to gain permission to use the data.
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any interaction or provide any support you have requested. When you contact an organisation through our website, we are simply facilitating the transfer of information at your request, and we only retain a record of when e-mails were sent and who sent them. This information is not shared outside of Catalyst Stockton.
We will not share your information with Third Parties, except at your request to facilitate the proper running of this website and the functions of our charitable purpose; to support volunteers and volunteering in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees. We will always let you know when a piece of information you give us may be shared with Third Parties, however, this happenstance is rare and would only occur under the following circumstances:
- If required by our partner organisations – in which instance we will contact you to ask permission to share your data.
- If it is in your best interest – we may share your contact information with potential volunteers. This is because some volunteers do not have internet access and are unable to use e-mails, or would prefer direct contact over the phone or in person. In these cases, we consider this to be in your best interests.
- We may pass your contact information on to organisations if you are a volunteer who has expressed interest in volunteering in a particular area of interest, and an opportunity becomes available, we may pass your contact information on to the relevant volunteer co-ordinator. We consider this action to be in your best interests, and part of the intended purpose for which you contacted us.
- If we are legally required to do so in order to co-operate with legal investigations, insurance investigations, or if we are compelled to do so by a regulatory body or government entity.
We will never sell your data to Third Parties, nor will we condone the use of your data for advertising purposes unless permission is expressly given to the contrary.
1.1 Information We Collect
i. In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
ii. Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
iii. Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
iv. Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
vi. Information you add to our website about your organsiation, yourself, your contact details and location, images, volunteering opportunities and anything else uploaded in the “My Account” area.
ii. We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookies gathered from your activity. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
iii. You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
2. Use of Your Information
2.1 We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
i. To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
ii. To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
iii. To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
iv. If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
v. Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
3. Storing Your Personal Data
i. In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
ii. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
4. Disclosing Your Information
i. In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
ii. Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
iii. To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
5. Third Party Links
6. Access to Information
6.1 In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
7. Contacting Us
- Stockton Volunteers and Stocktonvolunteers.co.uk is owned and operated by Catalyst Stockton LTD. Registered charity no. 1083231 Company No. 04016295